Cord Labradorite Choker – Regalrose
Vegan Leather Moto Jacket – UNIF
‘Skull Hand’ Tee – UNIF
Harness Shorts – UNIF
Fringed Suede Backpack – Asos
Colorado Silver Boots* – CAT Footwear
I’m super excited to be heading to London Fields this Saturday with CAT Footwear, so to celebrate I thought I’d discuss my ultimate festival style! For festivals I tend to revert back to the grungey looks I’d wear constantly when I was a bit younger – I guess it’s a bit of a comfort thing?
I often find myself admiring girls who wear all the beautiful jewellery, maxi skirts and kimonos to festivals, and as much as I love that style (Stevie Nicks is one of my all-time style icons), I can never find myself wearing it at them. The main reason for this seems to boil down to the English weather. As you probably know, the weather in England in early June is often a bit… changeable (it’s raining as I type this right now!), which means that more often than not at this time of year the rain begins hammering down, or a freezing wind will start up… and theres always – ALWAYS – mud.
I don’t want any of that impacting on my fun, so my festival get up tends to boil down to the following:
- A simple printed tee – something that will keep me cool if it warms up, but also looks cute when layered up.
- Shorts – they’re comfy and easy to wear! (+10 points for anyone who gets the reference, but it’s actually true too!)
- Something to throw on when the weather gets a bit crazy – I like to layer up with some kind of cover up that I can tie around my waist for ease, and it’s usually my trusty plaid shirt.
- Bag – generally I go for a crossbody bag so I can keep it close to me, or a cute backpack like this one that I can tie shut (so no one can try getting into it without me noticing!)
- Sturdy boots – these are always the most important part of my wardrobe because I’m on my feet all the time, and these CAT boots are so perfect for a festival – sturdy with just the right amount of sparkle! I love festivals because they’re the best time to make this part of my get-up just a little bit more fun!
- Jacket – this is kind of an optional one, depending on how long I’m going for & if I have a bag I can stick it in when needed, but it is nice for the evenings if the wind gets up a little
- Jewellery – I tend to just go with a simple choker and a couple of rings – I don’t want something snapping, or flying off into the mud – because then I’d have to scrabble around to find it (been there, done that, got covered in mud to prove it) – and I don’t wear any of my spiked belts or cuff because I don’t want to impale anybody! ^.^’
What’s your ultimate festival get up?
You look so cool! Love the grungy outfit…would never be able to pull off suspenders :p
Feel free to check out our latest post x
Love it, your style goes so well with meta music festivals! I don't like to use a lot of acessories in festivals and concerts because I'm always afraid to hurt myself or other people too :p
The Insomniac Owl Blog
Absolutely love the shoes! They're amazing.
Anika | http://www.anikamay.co.uk
Looking very cool, love the outfit!
Pay with Polka Dots
HOW incredible is this outfit, I love it! Shorts are my festival must-have, no matter what else I pack I end up just living in them all weekend!
Milly // Mini Adventures
I basically live in tee's and shorts and festivals, and I think this is one of the most awesome festival outfits I've seen. I LOVE those harness shorts!
The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog
I agree on everything! I usually just wear Dr Martens as they protect you from the mud etc, and you can dance all day without getting sore feet. You look amazing as per!
Love your festival style. I always have to wear a printed tee.
the perfect look for a festival!
Those harness shorts are incredible! I am in love.
Rachel | http://www.currentlyrachel.com
This outfit is incredible! You have become one of my favourite bloggers too xx
Sarah | The Girl with the Winged Liner
This look is perfect, love your style so much!
Fee / Floral-Fascination.com
LOVE this! so cool <3
The silver boots are so cool, you pull it off amazingly!
Infinity Of Fashion// Lucy Jane
Silver boots are at the moment my all time favorite thing (silver anything to be honest)
Festival Fashion must be one of the best things EVER! It's just so easy to wear!
Perfect! Love everything!
Just found your blog. Love the outfit!
Love this outfit! Those boots are amazing as well, need to get my hands on a pair of those! Gorgeous! x
Really nice outfit! Love those shoes! X Minale
Youngster Olivia wants to battle!
I love it! I love the shoes very beautiful!